so i’ve been meaning to study the book of revelation for quite some time now. this is for several reasons:
1) there have been some crazy disaster type things happening on this planet recently (in frequency more so than I remember too)
1) people avoid interpretation of this book like the plague (pun intended)
2) many people, yes Christians too, are very hazy on the end times and prophesy (me included…i just couldnt find good scholarship on it easily)
3) about 2 summer ago on summer mission i sensed God pointing me toward studying it…i’ve been putting it off
4) my sunday school class wanted to study it (another sign God?)
5) Jesus, says that there is a particular blessing to reading/studying/paying attention to the contents of this book
3Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
Revelation 22:7 [ Jesus Is Coming ] “Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book.”
Revelation 16:15 ”Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed.”
A couple caveats:
now i make no promises in this project, i might not even post on here consistently or continually. im just gonna take a stab at it and i would appreciate your thoughts on the matters at hand.
this will not be an exhaustive study, for example verse by verse, detail by detail, i’m sure there are decent commentaries for that. i’ll probably pose and try to answer questions that i have about the passage.
where possible i will try to cite sources that i’ve used and will try to be clear about my methods of interpretation, influenced greatly by the book – the footsteps of the messiah – by arnold fruchtenbaum, which i may pull from heavily (this book has a lot of great resources and he brings a unique knowledge of jewish culture, tradtions, and OT prophesy scholarship to bear on the subject.)
here we go.